The following policies have been established for the 2016 AAAAI Annual Meeting:
In an effort to assist registered members of the press with planning coverage, the AAAAI issues press releases and provides abstract summaries in advance of the Annual Meeting. However, all materials are embargoed according to the following:
- Press releases issued by the AAAAI ahead of the AAAAI Annual Meeting are embargoed until the date stated on the release.
- There are a great deal of abstracts presented each year at the AAAAI Annual Meeting. Abstracts accepted for presentation are published within an online supplement to AAAAI's journal, The Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology. As a general rule, coverage of an Annual Meeting abstract or poster is strictly prohibited until the researcher’s presentation, or an AAAAI press conference in which the study is presented—whichever comes first.
Journalists deemed in violation of any AAAAI Communications policies will have their Annual Meeting press privileges revoked.
Audio Recording, Video Recording and Photography
As a general rule, members of the press who wish to film, record or photograph at the conference in areas other than the press room or news briefing room must receive advance permission from AAAAI Communications staff.
Credentialed members of the press who have been issued a press pass are permitted to use handheld audio recording devices in educational sessions for note taking purposes only. Video recording and photography are strictly prohibited in all educational sessions due to CME regulations.
AAAAI program content may not be used to develop continuing medical education (CME) without advance permission from the AAAAI.
Exhibitors/Public Relations Professionals
Exhibitors and individuals representing academic institutions, industry, advertising, marketing or public relations firms:
- Will not be granted access to the press room nor news briefing room at the AAAAI Annual Meeting.
- Press releases and media alerts must directly relate to abstracts being presented as part of the 2016 AAAAI Annual Meeting.
- Press releases and media alerts must be reviewed and approved in advance by AAAAI Communications staff. Drafts should be emailed to Megan Brown at email@example.com.
- Press releases and media alerts must be embargoed for release until the time of presentation at the meeting or news briefing.
- Press releases, media alerts and related materials may not indicate AAAAI endorsement or use the AAAAI logo.
- Non-AAAAI news briefings or other media events are prohibited in meeting areas, including hotels, during the AAAAI Annual Meeting.
- Under no conditions will lists of past or current registered press be made available.
Individuals, companies, organizations or institutions found in violation of these policies will have AAAAI Annual Meeting access revoked. Additional sanctions may apply.
Please direct questions about these policies to Melissa Graham at (414) 272-6071 or firstname.lastname@example.org.