The following policies have been established for the 2018 AAAAI/WAO Joint Congress:
In an effort to assist registered members of the press with planning coverage, the AAAAI issues press releases and provides abstract summaries in advance of the Joint Congress. However, all materials are embargoed according to the following:
• Press releases issued by the AAAAI ahead of the Joint Congress are embargoed until the date stated on the release.
• Abstracts accepted for presentation at the Joint Congress are published in an online supplement to The Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, an official journal of the AAAAI. As a general rule, coverage of a Joint Congress abstract or poster is strictly prohibited until the researcher’s presentation, or an AAAAI press conference in which the study is presented—whichever comes first.
Journalists deemed in violation of any AAAAI Communications policies will have their Joint Congress press privileges revoked.
Audio Recording, Video Recording and Photography
As a general rule, members of the press who wish to film, record or photograph at the conference in areas other than the press room or news briefing room must receive advance permission from AAAAI Communications staff.
Credentialed members of the press who have been issued a press pass are permitted to use handheld audio recording devices in educational sessions for note taking purposes only. Video recording is strictly prohibited in all educational sessions due to CME regulations.
Joint Congress program content may not be used to develop continuing medical education (CME) without advance permission from the AAAAI.
Exhibitors/Public Relations Professionals
Exhibitors and individuals representing academic institutions, industry, advertising, marketing or public relations firms:
• Will not be granted access to the press room nor news briefing room at the Joint Congress.
• Press releases and media alerts must be reviewed and approved in advance by AAAAI Communications staff. Drafts should be emailed to Megan Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Press releases and media alerts must be embargoed for release until the time of presentation at the meeting or AAAAI news briefing (refer to the first bullet point under the Embargoes subheading above).
• Press releases, media alerts and related materials may not indicate AAAAI endorsement or use the AAAAI logo.
• Non-AAAAI news briefings or other media events are prohibited in meeting areas, including hotels, during the Joint Congress.
• Under no conditions will lists of past or current registered press be made available.
Individuals, companies, organizations or institutions found in violation of these policies will have Joint Congress access revoked. Additional sanctions may apply.
Please direct questions about these policies to Megan Brown at (414) 272-6071 or email@example.com.